Monday, September 21, 2009

Day Three 10:30am Still in Daytona with Fuel problems

We were having a bit of a performance issue with the starboard engine.  It seemed like a clogged fuel filter to me.  Fortunately the one thing I had done in preparation for the trip was to get certain parts in case of problems....including fuel filters!  Unfortunately, the location of the filter, plus dealing with fuel issues made me uncomfortable so I requested a mechanic to come who I had met a few months ago.  He lives in Daytona.  This picture shows that the diagnosis was correct.  This stuff came out of the primary fuel filter!  Yikes.  Good to go now.  We'll be underway by noon.  I now have a new Best Friend Forever, Wes Malone the mechanic.  We'll send some pics of Wes later.

1 comment:

  1. ODE TO THE WEARY MARINER...
    When the tides of life are against you,
    and the current upsets your boat,
    don't waste those tears on what might have been,
    just lie on your back and float!

    ReplyDelete